Thursday, January 12, 2012

YA INDIE CARNIVAL: Books I Am Most Thankful For and Why

We're baaack!

This week the carnis are writing about the books that they are most thanful for.  Please click on the other carnis below and check out their favorite books.  Feel free to add yours.  Here are mine and the reasons why.

1.  Bible:  Not only can this book change and save your life, but no matter how many times you read it you still find something new.  I am constantly amazed by it.

2.  The Outsiders:  I read it in junior high.  This is the book that made me fall in love with YA books.

3.  Pet Semetary: This Stephen King book showed me how real a book could be to a person.  I was so engrossed in it that when someone walked in the front door, I screamed and the book flew out of my hands.  That is a good book.  No other book has done that for me.

4.  The Mortal Instrument series:  What can I say?  I loved these books so much that I'm reading them a second time.  I usually don't read a book more than once even if I liked it because once the surprises are known it isn't the same, but these are great books.

5.  The Demon's Lexicon: I haven't read the second book in this series yet, but I'm going to.  I loved this book because of the emotion. I felt so bad for Alan because he feels unloved.  He doesn't realize that Nick does love him.  Actions speak louder than words, they say, but some people need to hear the words.

6.  The Dark Tower series: Another by Stephen King. This set of books took him twenty years to write. I started them in college and only recently finished them. It sucks to wait for a series to be finished, but it was worth the wait.  Loved it!

7.  The Rule series:  Yes, I have to put my own books on the list too.  This series starting with Vampires Rule has taught me a lot about putting a series together.  It has been hard.  Someday soon I need to go back and read the first two before finishing the third so I don't forget something and mess them up.

8.  Mythology books:  Can't remember the name of the one I read in high school, but it got me to thinking.  I have found a lot of inspiration in myths over the years.

I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now, so I'm going to end my list.


.Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.Heather Self4.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga6.Darby Karchut, author of GRIFFIN RISING
7.Lexus Luke8.Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy
9.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog 10.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
11.Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series12.Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
13.Dani Snell's Refracted Light Reviews 14.Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey
15.M. Leighton, Blood Like Poison Series, Madly, The Reaping 16.Abbi Glines, author of Breathe and The Vincent Boys
17.Kimberly Kinrade, Bits of You & Pieces of Me, Forbidden Mind18.Madeline Smoot, Missing, Summer Shorts, and The Girls
19.Cidney Swanson, author of Rippler20.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
21.TG Ayer22.Melissa Pearl, author of Golden Blood

1 comment:

Patti Larsen said...

LOVED The Dark Tower! Still love it... will always, I think... though I admit when the boy died in Pet Semetary I ended up putting the book away b/c I was so creeped out... LOL