Monday, May 14, 2012

Marketing 101: D is for Dream

Dream big.  If you don't think you can do it, you won't.  Have you ever heard about the power of positive thinking?  You might not believe that this works, but it's better than negative thinking.  The Bible clearly states that words have power and you live what you think.  So if you are always thinking bad thoughts about your life and your writing, things will not turn out good.

Also, I've heard many people say over the years that it is healthy to daydream about the way you want your life to be.  Most people can't think out of the box.  They will picture what they think is great success, but it is just a small fraction of what they could actually have if they applied themselves.  It makes sense to me.  If you are going to dream, dream big.

That's all I'm saying.  Happy writing!  :)

2 comments:

Lynn Lindquist said...

I followed you over here from Absolute Write. Love your blog! I know you already found writer buddies per your post, but if they don't work out, keep me in mind. My email is lynnlindquist2@comcast.net. I'm unpublished, but newly agented with Katherine Boyle at Veritas Literary Agency. I love YA, too, and notice that we have pretty similar backgrounds per your blog. If the other writing friends don't work out, keep me in mind. Otherwise, best of luck in your writing and I hope to see you on the shelves one day! -Lynn

Rita Webb said...

I believe what you're saying 100%. Not many people think much about what the Bible says about the power in our tongues. God spoke the world into existence and then created us in his image. If we want to create something fantastic, our tongues have to be used for the positive.