Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: City of Bones

I have decided to start reviewing books from time to time.  They will be books that I buy and that I want to read.  Please don't ask me to review your book.  Even if it's awesome I am just starting out with reviewing and want to do it at a slow pace.  I may not even continue to do this.  We'll see.  First, I want to start with my favorite book, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

Back cover:  When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder.  (I love this part, grabs your attention).  Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings.  This is Clary's first meeting with the Darkhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons--and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line.  It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace.  Within 24 hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon.  Buth why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary?  And how did she suddenly get the Sight?  The Darkhunters want to know...

Awesome!

My review:  Clare pulls you in from the first paragraph and doesn't let go.  The tension runs high throughout the novel.  I love her characters, especially wise-cracking Jace.  He is my kind of guy.  Clare's writing style is brimming with detail, so visual that you can picture it clearly in your mind.  When Clary first meets Jace, they don't appear to like each other, but a sweet romance blossoms as they are forced to spend time together.  She seems to be a fragile girl at first (at least to me), but she never backs down from a fight.  I love it how she stands up to anyone and everyone from Jace to the demon that attacks her.  This book is 485 pages long.  Needless to say, I didn't finish it in one sitting although I wanted to.  Recently I reread this book for the second time, getting ready for the latest in the series: City of Lost Souls. 

If you love action, romance, and the paranormal, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of City of Bones.  You will not regret it.

I give it A++, my highest rating for a book, because I have read it four times and it never gets old.  Love it!





Cover: You can't tell here, but this cover glows.  Love it.  I do wish they'd gotten a model that actually looks like Jace.

No comments: