Friday, August 3, 2012

YA Indie Carnival: Pinterest

Have you heard of Pinterest?  It is a cool site where you can pick and pin pictures that you like to your board.  You can also share them on Facebook and Twitter.  You can follow people and see their boards.  This is what we're talking about this week on the Carnival.  Tell us what boards you have and what pins you collect.  Here are mine.

1. Supernatural:  I have a board with pics and funny pins with Sam and Dean (sometimes Castiel) from Supernatural.  For example: one pin says, "If they say it's haunted, don't go in."  Of course I like the ones with pictures of the guys on it.  There is one that is super funny.  It has a pic of the cast from Lost walking around on the beach near the plane wreck and says something like this is what the actors of this show do between scenes.  Then it shows Sam and Dean with their pants rolled up and feet in a kiddy pool.  This is what they do between scenes. 

2.  Recipes:  I love to collect recipes.  My most recent was Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls.  See, if you had a Pinterest account (they're free) you could follow me and get this awesome recipe along with others. 

3.  Books:  I have pics of my covers and a few others.

4.  Aw, That's Cute:  This is where I put adorable pics of cats and puppies.

What boards do you have on Pinterest?

View the other Carnis to find out what they on theirs.

. Laura A. H. Elliott 2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self 4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga 6. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
7. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed 8. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
9. Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga 10. Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
11. Ella James 12. Maureen Murrish
13. Valerie Sloan 14. YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
15. A Little Bit of R&R



3 comments:

Laura A. H. Elliott said...

OMG! I love your boards. I'm a total newbie Pinterester but I love it. I'm going to go follow you now. Love your post! I have boards about Halloween [big surprsie, I know? right?] inspiration, and dreams come true. I LOVE recipes too! I've got a recipe for witches brew up on my pinterest in Halloween:)

Unknown said...

I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! Check out the deets:

http://dalesplace-dale.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-award.html

Bryna Butler, YA Author said...

I'm definitely checking out your Supernatural board. I have a pic of Dean in gym shorts on my Nerd board. Love it. Makes me smile every time I see it. When that episode first aired, I fell off the couch laughing!