Friday, October 5, 2012

YA Indie Carnival: Importance of the Wolf Pack

This week on the Carnival, we are posting about the wolf pack.  In other words, the people who help us with our writing.  This includes Beta Readers, Editors, Graphic Artists, etc.  How important are they?  What would we do without them?

1.  Beta Readers:  I have no idea what I would do without these people.  They are wonderful wrapped in awesomeness.  Although I haven't always agreed with them, they get me thinking out of the box.  There are scenes that simply wouldn't exist without them. 

2.  Editors:  This is a must have.  Most of my editors work for free (people I know and others wanting to help), but I hope to have the money to hire some truly great ones soon.

3.  Graphic Artists:  I wish I could afford to hire one of these.  I've seen some covers that are so amazing they put mine to shame.  But, for now, I have to do my own.  I do think I've come a long way when it comes to creating covers.  Compare my first one (Vampires Rule) to my latest Bait and you will see a huge difference. 

I can't think of anything else to put.  Check out the other Carnies.  I'm sure they've come up with stuff to write about that I haven't dreamed of yet.

1.Laura A. H. Elliott2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
 4.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga6.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
7.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed8.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
9.Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga10.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
11.Ella James12.Maureen Murrish
13.Valerie Sloan14.YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
15.A Little Bit of R&R16.Melissa Pearl

4 comments:

Kasi Blake said...

Thank you. If you join NaNoWriMo, add me as a writing buddy. I am under my name K.C. Blake, so I shouldn't be hard to find. :)

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Considering you do your own covers, KC, they do look fab!

Bryna Butler said...

I really like the Bait and Werewolves Rule covers. I thought it was cool when you put up both Rule covers and asked folks to vote on which they liked best. What a great promo.

Kasi Blake said...

Thank you!!! I am feeling the love. :)