Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vampires Rule is FREE

Finally, the first in the Rule Series is free, totally free.  You can download it at Amazon now as well as Smashwords, B&N, etc.

Vampires Rule (The Rule #1)

Summary:  They don't call him Jackpot for nothing.

Jack has always beat the odds... at least until now.  When a werewolf tried to kill him, vampires saved him.  Later, when he got tired of life as a vampire, he returned to his original mortal state. Now all he wants is to be normal, but what's normal about a werewolf hunter for a girlfriend, an English who is head of the werewolves, and a brother who can't decide if he should welcome his brother home or stake Jack to be on the safe side.

You can download it here if you have a Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/Vampires-Rule-Series-ebook/dp/B004YZB8XU

You can download it here for Nook, Ipad, etc.  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/54214

Here is what people have to say about Vampires Rule:

Plot: I'm disappointed this book isn't more popular. After reading this book, I'm craving for more. I was hesitant that it revolved around a guy main character, but this book definitely pushed away my fears. I loved hearing Jack's thoughts on going from a human to a vampire to a human. It was intriguing to hear about a vampire going back to being mortal, especially when he turned mortal because he was scratched by a werewolf. Of course, the werewolves and vampires have a raging feud towards one another, but now there are hunters and wraiths thrown into the mix. The romance in this books was genuine. They didn't instantly love each other from the start or pushed away the other's flaws. They did have issues, but they eventually worked through them. It was new to both of them, so each time something intimate would happen, I was holding my breath. The climax and ending did still have a few loose ends hanging in the air, so I'm hoping the rest of the series ties up the loose ends.   --Alisha, Black Nailed Reviews

Vampires Rule took me by surprise. I was not expecting this book to have the awesome story line that it did. K.C.Blake has written a winner with this series. Jack’s character is terrific. He's a human turned vampire, then back to human again, who says you don't get a second chase at life. Jack's second chance comes with a beautiful werewolf hunter whose name is Silver. They are destined to be together, in order to kill the first werewolf and save the human race. But that same destiny has a plan for Jack and Silver's love life, which Jack's ex vampire girlfriend, Summer, isn't too happy about. I fell in love with Jack. Jack is seventeen, handsome, and has a down-to-earth attitude. His great sense of humor had me laughing the whole time as I read this book. Silver is also seventeen, strong-willed, and a take-charge girl that can kick some serious werewolf butt. The romance between these two has lots of laughs, a few tears, but is definitely hot. Jack has a younger brother Billy, who now is his older brother. This is a funny situation that they find themselves in. Vampires Rule has fantastic romance, humor, action, and I enjoyed reading this book from Jack's POV. Especially with his humor. The second book in this series is Werewolf Rule. I'll be putting it on my to-read-list. I definitely recommend Vampires Rule as a must read!! -- Debbie, I Heart YA Books

This book was fast paced, with many twist & turns and very entertaining. K C Blake has managed to take a book based on vampires and werewolves and give it a new energetic story line with like nothing i have read yet. --Tabatha, Goodreads

OMG!!! I so loved this book, I hate that I waited so long to read it...This book is another vampire and werewolf war thing, but it does have a different kind of spin to it. The reason it keep me so interested is because of the “diary” and the “stone”, these all tie into the destiny of these characters. Let me just say that I love the history the author laid out (the reason for vampires and werewolf) and the character development.  -- MsBdiamondDiva, Goodreads

Fav quote copied to Goodreads, 4 people liked it:

“Stop!” she screamed. “Don’t hurt him.”

“Back off!” Billy shouted.

She yanked harder on Billy’s arm.

“He isn’t a vampire anymore, idiot. Look! Do you see that big, yellow thing up in the sky? That’s called the sun. It’s shining down on him, and he isn’t exploding. His fangs are gone. He’s as human as we are. Case closed.”

Billy stared up at the sky, his jaw slack. “Not possible.”

Jack mumbled, “They don’t call me Jackpot for nothing.”

“What?” Billy blinked at him.

“Private joke.”
 — 5 people liked it
“You aren’t a vampire.” Silver's voice mirrored his shock. She repeated the phrase with a huge smile on her face. “You aren’t a vampire!”

“They don’t call me Jackpot for nothing,” he joked.”
 — 4 people liked it

No comments: