Friday, August 15, 2014

Blockbuster Summer Reviews

Confession time.  I rarely go to the movies, and why would I when my living room is so comfortable?  I have a big screen television, no on kicking my seat or distracting me with their huge Iphone as they text during the movie, and I can pause it when I need to use the bathroom so I don't miss anything.  That being said, we (the YA Storyteller Society) are making a list of our top movies for the summer.  Since I don't see them until they come to DVD, I will break down for you what I WANT to see.

1.  Transformers 4:  I loved the other movies because of Shia, so I'm anxious to see how the franchise does without him.  It looks promising.  Who doesn't love Mark Wahlberg?

2.  Lucy:  A badass chick who can make people drop with a wave of her hand.  What's not to love here?  Hope it is as good as it looks.

3.  Into the Storm:  I live in tornado alley, and every time I watched Twister we got stormy weather, so I'm leery about this, but it looks so cool.

4.  if i stay:  The girl in this movie (don't know her name yet) is incredible, and I can't wait to see it.  Looks like a beautiful story, and I hope she stays with the guy.

5.  ???

I don't think I have a fifth, honestly.  Nasty comedies that make crude jokes about sex are a big turn off to me, and I hate gruesome horror flicks.  I only watch cartoon movies when I have a kid in the house.  That doesn't leave much for me to choose from, so I guess I'll leave my list at four.

What movies are you looking forward to?

No comments: